This course is streamlined to provide students with the required classroom and clinical hours to take the Certified Nurse Assistant examination. It is designed for part-time students desiring entry-level career skills or needing to meet pre-requisites for further health career training. Classes meet on Friday evenings at Del Norte High School and clinical sessions meet on Saturdays at a skilled nursing care facility in Rancho Bernardo.
In order to start the course, students must:
- Attend an orientation on December 11, 2018 at 4:00pm at Poway Adult School (If you can't attend the orientation please contact Denise McAndrews at email@example.com)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Provide your social security card
- Provide your valid, government-issued photo identification
- Complete Live Scan (fingerprinting the first week of class)
- Pass basic reading placement appraisal (scheduled once you register)
- Provide proof of or obtain a flu shot
- Provide a physical from doctor
A $450 deposit is due to register. Final Payment of $545 is due on or before the first day of class.
Additional fees throughout the course are estimated at $300.